“They shall grown not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.”
– Laurence Binyon
Lest We Forget.
Gluten free, vegan and addictively more-ish! These are my ANZAC inspired biscuits with a difference. I hope you enjoy them!
ANZAC INSPIRED BISCUITS
100g quinoa flakes
160g almond meal
70g desiccated coconut
150g brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1/2 cup grape seed oil
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tbsp water
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a couple of baking trays with baking paper.
2. Throw all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until well combined. The mixture will be quite crumbly, do not be tempted to add more liquid!
3. Take tablespoonfuls of mixture and press into a tight ball, then flatten into a tray (they will crumble, so neaten them up by pressing the sides until they resemble circular biscuits).
4. Place the biscuits into the oven and bake at 180°C for 10-12 minutes.
5. Take biscuits out of the oven and allow to cool on the tray for at least 10 minutes, before moving to a cooking rack (if you move them too early, they will fall apart, you need to let them firm up).
*Makes approx. 18-20 biscuits