Those that know me, know that I absolutely love to cook and have people over for meals, snacks, breakfast, second breakfast, morning tea, elevensies, brunch, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner, supper (well, you get the picture)…. really any reason to spend some time eating, having a cuppa and just simply having a bit of a chin wag.
One of my favourite recipes to make for brunch, a light lunch or afternoon tea is a simplified version of my spanakopita parcels. They are bite size morsels that pack a punch of delicious herby flavour and are paired perfectly with a light Greek salad, a jug of lightly sparkling mineral water crammed full of ice, and wedges of lemon.
Buon cibo a tutti!
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp lemon pepper (make sure you get a g/f brand – some contain breadcrumbs. Garden Fresh Lemon Pepper is gluten free)
1 large bunch silverbeet, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp Vegeta stock powder
15g dill (or between 1/4-1/2 cup)
1 tbsp honey
1 pkt gluten free puff pastry
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Roll out puff pastry so that it is thin and cut out rounds of pastry big enough to fit in cupcake trays.
3. Line cupcake trays with baking paper and top with rounds of pastry.
4. Place onion, garlic and oil in a fry pan and sauté until caramelised.
5. Add sweet paprika, lemon pepper, Vegeta and silverbeet, stirring until wilted.
6. Add dill and honey, then pour into a large bowl.
7. Add ricotta to the bowl of silverbeet mixture and mash together, mixing well.
8. Take heaped tablespoons of mixture into each pastry case, then place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 180°C.
Enjoy hot or cold! I love to serve them alongside little Greek salads served in lettuce leaf cups.